Service contact information
Lipton Ward is a 10-bed ward, offering one of four neuro-trauma hyper acute rehabilitation services in the country, providing a full multidisciplinary approach to patient care. It is part of the Cheshire and Merseyside Rehabilitation Network, which provides specialist rehabilitation care across the region for all patients following traumatic injury or illness regardless of diagnosis.
All the staff work collaboratively across the service to ensure patients are given the best chance at the start of their rehabilitation journey and there is a nursing staff ratio of 3:1.
What to expect
The rehabilitation team will design a programme following a patient assessment. Regular meetings are held with the patient’s rehabilitation team to discuss progress and establish goals. The patient will have a named Rehabilitation Coordinator who will support the patient during their admission.
Specialist staff involved in patient care on Lipton Ward include:
- Single point of contact
- Rehabilitation Consultants and doctors
- Rehabilitation coordinators
- Nurses and Health Care Assistants
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech and Language Therapists
- Therapy Assistants
- Consultant Neuro Psychiatrist
- Mental Health Liaison Nurse
- Social Workers
- Admin, domestic and catering staff
The Walton Centre - Main Hospital Building
This building hosts many of our in-patient services, including wards and theatres, and some outpatients services.
Lower Lane, Liverpool, L9 7LJ
Directions and map
- View The Walton Centre - Main Hospital Building on a map
- Get directions to The Walton Centre - Main Hospital Building
The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust is not responsible for third-party sites or content.
Page last updated: 24 June 2021