Service contact information
Fax: 0151 529 5453
The Acute Physiotherapy Team is involved in the assessment and treatment of inpatients following neurosurgery or those diagnosed with a neurological condition.
Acute physiotherapy includes:
- Post-operative advice/exercises (spinal surgery/acoustic neuroma surgery)
- Balance re-education
- Help with patients who have difficulty with walking or getting on/off chair, bed or stairs
- Muscle strengthening for weakness
- Problems with co-ordination/control of movement.
- Commence rehabilitation prior to transfer to rehabilitation units
Physiotherapists are involved in discharge planning:
- Provide walking aids/equipment and maximising independence
- Referrals for further therapy as appropriate
- Work closely with the discharge coordinator
- Education and advice
- Home exercise programmes
- Liaising with other services
Hours of service: 8am - 4pm, Monday - Friday excluding Bank Holidays
The Walton Centre - Main Hospital Building
This building hosts many of our in-patient services, including wards and theatres, and some outpatients services.
Lower Lane, Liverpool, L9 7LJ
Directions and map
- View The Walton Centre - Main Hospital Building on a map
- Get directions to The Walton Centre - Main Hospital Building
The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust is not responsible for third-party sites or content.
Physiotherapy is available to all inpatients at The Walton Centre if they have physiotherapy needs due to their admission. Referrals are made through the nursing and medical staff according to the needs mentioned above. Referrals are received during daily morning handovers from nursing staff Monday to Friday.
Page last updated: 24 June 2021