Information for families and carers
The Patient and Family Experience Team can help by providing a welcoming, accessible and confidential service to patients, carers, relatives and friends, such as:
- Emotional and practical support
- Confidential advice and signposting for further support
- General enquiries and information
- Help with resolving any concerns or advise on how to raise a formal complaint
The team also help the trust develop and shape the care and service provided by sharing feedback from patients, their families and carers. The Walton Centre aims to learn from the experiences of our patients, their families and carers to continually improve.
The Brain Charity – Information Desk
This information desk is provided by The Brain Charity and staffed by volunteers in line with COVID-19 restrictions.
- A wide range of leaflets about neurological and neurosurgical conditions
- General information about support groups and welfare benefits
- Details of the support available from The Brain Charity
- A free helpline direct to The Brain Charity and Stroke Association
- A virtual appointment system for inpatients
Page last updated: 30 December 2021