Celebrating our amazing staff
Date: 13 January 2023
Congratulations to all our winners and nominees of our annual staff awards, held yesterday, Thursday 12 January.
Chief Executive Jan Ross and Chairman Max Steinberg CBE were joined by two Liverpool sporting legends Alan Stubbs and Tony Bellew to present the awards.
Jan said “I was incredibly proud presenting these special awards and delighted to see so many nominees take time out of their day to attend. We received more than 100 nominations, which is testament to the hard work and dedication of our staff demonstrated every single day.”
Huge congratulations to all of our nominees and our 2022 award winners:
- Above and Beyond: Clinical Award – Terri Park, Sister, Chavasse Ward
- Above and Beyond: Non-Clinical Award – Rachael Chadwick, Patient Support Assistant
- Best Contribution to Learning – Neurovascular Multidisciplinary Team
- Research and Innovation – Dr Heike Arndt, Registrar
- Improving Patient and Family Experience Overall Winner – Neuro-oncology Multidisciplinary Team
- Improving Patient and Family Experience Highly Commended – Stacy McGuinness, Physiotherapy Assistant
- Employee of the Year – Abbie Birch, Staff Nurse, Cairns Ward
- Good Catch of the Year - Emma Howard, Occupational Therapy Assistant; Stacy McGuinness, Physiotherapy Assistant; Rosie Lawson, Clerical Officer, Neurology; Jenny Gossage, Ward Manager
- Team of the Year Overall Winner – Theatres
- Team of the Year Highly Commended – Chavasse Ward
- Patients' Choice – Jake Jackson, Healthcare Assistant, Lipton Ward
- Chief Executive’s Lifetime Achievement Award Overall Winner – Judith Dennis, Medical Education Officer
- Chief Executive's Lifetime Achievement Award Highly Commended – Julie Riley, Deputy Director of Strategy
The amazing staff of The Walton Centre were recognised in the annual staff awards this week, celebrating their dedication to the very best patient treatment and care.