Neurological Long Term Conditions Physiotherapy Team (LTC)
Service contact information
0151 556 3741
Messages can be left via answerphone.
We see outpatients who are under the care of a Walton Centre consultant for the following conditions:
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Neuromyelitis Optica (NMO)
- Neuromuscular Diseases
- Motor Neurone Disease (MND)
We work closely with other members of the multidisciplinary team including: doctors, occupational therapists, specialist nurses, orthoptists, speech and language therapists and neuromuscular care advisors.
Physiotherapists help people affected by injury, illness or disability through movement and exercise, manual therapy, education and advice. They maintain health for people of all ages, helping patients to manage pain and prevent disease.
How can a Physiotherapist help me manage my long-term condition?
- Assess and explain physical symptoms and how these can be managed proactively throughout the course of the condition.
- Explore the use of certain orthotics and refer appropriately.
- Help to manage falls risk.
- Advice regarding walking aids.
- Manual therapies.
- Advice on exercise for health and more specific exercises.
- Education and support to other professionals that you are working with.
- Refer to local physiotherapy services if multiple treatment sessions are required or it is more appropriate for you to be seen in your own home
There are a range of clinics within each condition group, including discipline specific clinics, joint therapy clinics and relevant education groups; these are tailored to the specific conditions.
Sid Watkins Building
This building hosts our Complex Rehabilitation Unit, some outpatients services, pain management services, corporate services and more.
The Walton Centre - Main Hospital Building
This building hosts many of our in-patient services, including wards and theatres, and some outpatients services.
Lower Lane, Liverpool, L9 7LJ
Directions and map
- View The Walton Centre - Main Hospital Building on a map
- Get directions to The Walton Centre - Main Hospital Building
The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust is not responsible for third-party sites or content.
As long as the patient remains under the ongoing care of their consultant neurologist at The Walton Centre, they can self-refer to the LTC Physiotherapy Team directly on the numbers listed in the above contact information section.
The Neuromuscular service consists of Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Speech and Language Therapists, Neuromuscular Nurse Specialist and Neuromuscular Advisors.
The Long term condition team consists of five Physiotherapist and four Occupational Therapist, one Orthoptist.
Page last updated: 24 June 202167