How to make a freedom of information request
If you require information under the Freedom of Information Act, please first check to see if the information is made available through the Trust's Publication Scheme. If not subsequent requests must be in writing e.g. a letter or email, and must contain your name and address for correspondence and future reference. You may use the Freedom of Information Request Form available.
Try to include as much information as you can to help the Trust identify the information you require. Send completed requests to the Freedom of Information Officer (see address below).
You can do this three ways, either:
- Fill in the online Freedom of Information Request Form
- Email email@example.com
- Or post to:
Freedom of Information Officer,
Sid Watkins Building,
If you need further support, please call: 0151 556 3038
Is the information you require personal information about you or an individual for whom you are a carer, parent, or guardian? If yes, this can be requested under the Data Protection Act or Access to Health Records Act by completing a Subject Access Request form. Forms can also be obtained by contacting:
The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust,
For further support, call: 0151 556 3425/6
Details of routinely published information are available on the Publication Scheme page. If you require information on hard copy, or in another format, contact the Freedom of Information Officer via the contact details above.
What will happen when I’ve made my request?
- We will acknowledge receipt of your request within two working days.
- We will endeavour to provide the information you have requested within 20 working days of receipt of your request.
- We will notify you as soon as possible if we find we are unable to provide the information within 20 working days.
- We may ask you to provide us with more information to help us locate the information you have requested.
- We will notify you if all or part of the information you have requested cannot be provided. If this happens, we will explain to you why this information has been withheld and notify you of the advice and guidance to applicants’ process.
On some occasions, we will not be able to disclose information, because it is covered by an exemption under the Act. If this happens, we will explain the reason why and provide you with advice and guidance; for example, we may ask you to restructure your request for similar information that is available.
In line with section 12 of the Act, if the Trust thinks it will cost more than £450 to find information and prepare it for release, then we are able to turn down a request. If this is the case, you will be informed and we will provide you with advice and guidance; for example, we may ask you to reduce the amount of information you are requesting.
Page last updated: 11 August 2021